Position: Coffee Truck Barista
The Coffee Pod is a social enterprise coffee truck located in Tralee, Co Kerry. We are now recruiting an experienced barista to manage the day to day operations of the coffee truck, and to supervise and train work experience trainees.
Contract: Fixed term contract (6 months) ASAP – Start date January 23
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 28 hours per week.
Rate of pay: Circa €16ph
- Person Description
Experienced barista needed to be responsible for ensuring the effective operation of coffee truck, including supervising staff, stock management, preparing high quality products and customer care. Experienced with staff training, mentoring and supports within the work environment.
- Principal duties and responsibilities
- Delivery of a high end coffee service – to ensure customer satisfaction and grow revenue for the enterprise.
- Be the front face and ambassador of the business.
- Key holder responsibilities including opening up and closing down and ensuring the food truck is secure at all times. Setting up and closing down the coffee truck each day.
- To support and supervise trainees in their continued professional development and career progression.
- Must be flexible depending on the requirements of the role.
- Report on a weekly basis, or as otherwise agreed, to the centre manager on all relevant issues or general concerns.
- Attending team, front of house and staff meetings as appropriate
- Barista Training to be on going, including the development of team members and refresher training as products develop, to the chosen coffee barista standards.
- The coffee/food truck supervisor oversees the counter assistants, and acts as the coordinator with the kitchen.
- To organise staff rotas, hours, holidays and operations.
- Cash handling, float management and till reconciliation daily.
- Prompt and accurate cashing up at the end of the day, and transfer of money into safe.
- To assist with the ordering and storage of food, beverages and cleaning products liaising with the centre manager on any additional stock changes or requirements.
- Stock take as requested by Traded Services. Maintain adequate stock levels of snacks, drinks, crockery and disposables.
- Immediately inform your line manager of any financial issues that arise whilst working.
- Ensure feedback to centre manager on any issues outstanding in a prompt manner.
Please send CV and cover letter to the following by the 7th October 2022
Mary Carroll, TIRC, 13-14 St Patricks Bungalows, Boherbee, Tralee, Co. Kerry
Closing date for applications 31.12.22
Become a trainee
Are you interested in a career in hospitality?
Would you like to get free training and certification?
Courses include customer service, health and safety and barista training.
Expression of Interest
Complete an Expression of interest and return before the 27th June 2022.