TIRC aims to:
- Provide a welcoming, accessible, and safe place for people using the centre.
- Offer relevant information and support.
- Provide guidance and signposting to relevant services.
- Network with groups at local, regional and national level.
- Promote integration and participation in wider community activities.
Our work includes:
- Daily, free English conversation classes
- Family programmes and projects for people living in direct provision: this includes parent & toddler group, after-schools projects, women’s groups, mid-term and summer activity programmes for children, individual support for parents, school liaison, parenting programmes etc
- Mental health programmes
- Music Classes/activities: Guitar and Drumming
- Once-off talks and short courses
- Practical support in filling out forms, liaising with services etc
- Drop-in space
- Access to internet and computers
- International Friends’ Group